Urban Ink Production Society is looking for a Managing Director to continue to build on the company’s artistic renown and organizational development.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2021, Urban Ink’s mission is to uplift Indigenous and diverse voices through live performance. Urban Ink is known nationally for its extraordinary large scale theatre productions and national and provincial tours. Entering our third decade, Urban Ink is poised for an exciting future.
Urban Ink’s next Managing Director will be a proven leader with a genuine love for the performing arts and passionately engaged in supporting the work of Indigenous and diverse artists. Collaborative, strategic and a great communicator, they will be motivated to continue to build revenues and relationships.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director, in partnership with Artistic Director Corey Payette, will ensure Urban Ink’s artistic and financial success remains ongoing and sustainable.
Urban Ink is invested in making Indigenous and culturally diverse artistic work. We are committed to attracting diverse team members who reflect the communities in which we live and work. Indigenous peoples and people of colour are highly encouraged to apply.
Desirable skills and experience include the following:
- The expertise to ensure ample capacity and resources to enable the company to fulfill its mission;
- Demonstrated success as a leader within a performing arts organization, with at least five years’ leadership or governance experience;
- Well-rounded organizational and fiscal leadership skills;
- A deep understanding of non-profit arts management;
- The ability to work effectively and empathetically with Indigenous and diverse artists and artisans;
- The experience of working collaboratively with a board to achieve agreed outcomes.
Compensation: $63,000 annual salary, Extended Health and Dental benefits, matching RRSP contribution.
The position is based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Urban Ink acknowledges our place of work is within the unceded territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.
Submit your resume and a letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position by email to: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday March 13, 2020