4 days/ 32 hours per week | $29,500 per annum
The Outreach and Distribution Manager is primarily responsible for the artist-focused distribution of new and archival video and media work represented in Video Out’s distribution collection. Additionally, the Outreach and Distribution Manager plays a key role in the preservation of archival video productions and the digitization of tapes from the Crista Dahl Media Library and Archive. The Outreach and Distribution Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Video Out Distribution, including: developing and executing distribution sales, rentals and plans; acquisition and dissemination of new and archival video work; assisting curators and programmers in selecting works; maintaining producer files and records; budgeting and accounting; grant writing and reporting; and conducting outreach activities for the promotion of work in active distribution.
- Develop and execute annual acquisition and distribution plans for new and existing video and media works in distribution
- Research and recruit new video and installation work into the collection
- Conduct ongoing outreach to curators, programmers, and exhibitors to promote the collection; prepare and pre-select titles for specific curators from the database
- Raise the profile of Video Out at international, national, and local festivals, trade forums, events, and educational institutions through distribution and attendance
- Initiate co-presentations or grouped programs of Video Out work with international and national festivals, galleries and media art centres
- Oversee the Video Technician and Distribution Assistant’s activities, including digitization and file transfers; communicate policy, practices, services, projects and departmental plans to the Video Technician and Distribution Assistant
- Manage distribution contracts and producer files on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate annual payment of residuals to producers, following producer payment and activity statement procedures
- Invoice and manage accounts receivable; follow up on delinquent accounts; complete weekly bookkeeping; and manage financial records for artist license sales and residuals
- Negotiate payments and manage contracts for all orders; negotiate streaming contract details
- Sit on Archive Committee; develop and implement systems for tape preservation in coordination with the Archive Committee
- Identify and write project grants and reports in support of departmental activities
- Research and become familiar with the Crista Dahl Media Library and Archive, and distributed works
- Manages workflow and selects content for VUCAVU.com
- Post-secondary education in curatorial studies, video, media arts, or equivalent
- Proven familiarity with contemporary media arts practices
- Strong interest in Canadian experimental video and media arts
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong commitment to community development and principles of social justice
- Knowledge of diverse cultural and social practices
- Proven ability to write project budgets, reports, grants, and proposals
- Experience with public relations and developing partnerships with educational and arts organizations
- Experience working in an administrative capacity and proven budget management ability
- Experience working with artist-run centres, collectives or community based organizations an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, set and meet deadlines, set and meet budgetary goals, work under pressure and exercise sound judgment in setting priorities
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Knowledge of FileMaker Pro an asset
- Graphic design skills an asset
Please send as a single PDF document your resume and cover letter outlining suitability to the position before 5pm, Monday, March 27 to email@example.com, Attn: Hiring Committee – Video Out Outreach and Distribution Coordinator.
The Satellite Video Exchange Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Interviews will be held the week of April 10; position start date is anticipated for the week of May 1.