Duration: Part time: May 15 to July 14; Full time July 15 to November 15 (Seasonal)
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is host to the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the year-round Vancity Theatre with a combined total of 200,000 attendees per year. Now in its 36th year, VIFF remains one of North America's most prestigious and largest film festivals. Established in 2005, the Vancity Theatre provides a state of the art facility to showcase the best in international and Canadian cinema. In 2016, we operated 364 days during which time we screened films and provided an invaluable and affordable rental venue for numerous start-up film festivals and smaller not-for-profit film, arts and cultural organizations.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Programming and the Director of Operations, while working closely with Films+ Curators and the Director of Marketing, the Films+ Logistics Manager is responsible for the coordination and presentation of all Films+ programming. Complementing VIFF’s showcase of world cinema, this programming highlights accomplishments in other creative industries and focuses on sustainable production, television, digital content, new storytelling technologies, music, creator talks and panel discussions.
Key Duties Include:
The Films+ Logistics Manager leads the Films+ Team in the the logistical planning, and successful execution of all Film+ events.
- Logistical Planning
- Event Management
- Guest support
- Marketing support
- Provide communication support to, and between all Films+ Curators
- Act as primary planning liaison between the Films+ programs and other departments
- Establish and update a departmental timeline
- Oversee the collection of guest information and marketing assets
- Liaise with the Films+ Curators and the Films+ Production Managers to ensure all technical requirements of the program are met
- Provide event logistical support to all Films+ Curators for related receptions, hosted meals, entertainment and activities for guests in attendance
- Manages the following roles in the development of a successful operations plan for all Films+ events:
- Films+ Coordinator
- Films+ Production Managers (2)
- Oversees the Films+ Operating budgets, as they relate to production, marketing, hospitality, etc.
- Experience working in large-scale, deadline driven projects (Festival experience a plus)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work individually or with a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of related Programming an asset
- Proficiency with FileMaker Pro and/or AudienceView an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
Go to viff.org for a detailed job description. Deadline for application: April 26. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume with references to: email@example.com subject: HIRING FILMS+ LOGISTICS MANAGER.