Director of Development
Full time position
Deadline: August 21st, 2017
Manitoba Theatre for Young People Vision: To empower all young people to transform the world with imagination and creativity.
For more information about MTYP: www.mtyp.ca
MTYP is seeking a results-oriented fundraising professional with a commitment to philanthropy and a love for the performing arts to develop and lead annual and multi-year fundraising and sponsorship strategies aimed at increasing private sector revenue through individual, corporate and foundation gifts and corporate sponsorship. The Development Director provides leadership to and fosters enthusiasm for fundraising campaigns and programs among volunteers, the Board of Directors and its committees, and community contacts. The Director of Development reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Artistic Director, the Board, the Board Development Committee and staff to realize MTYP’s development objectives.
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year fundraising strategies inspired by MTYP’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop annual fundraising financial targets in collaboration with Senior Management.
- Develop the Department budget for approval by the GM, and manage the budget by monitoring expenditures.
- Develop and implement annual individual giving and major gift campaigns, as well as corporate, and foundation giving.
- Plan and implement the corporate sponsorship campaign and oversee special events.
- Cultivate new, and practice good stewardship of donors and sponsors by managing recognition programs and developing and maintaining good patron relationships.
- Work closely with MYTP’s Marketing Department to ensure an integrated approach to public relations and consistent messaging.
- Oversee the maintenance of donor records in accordance with CRA regulations and standard fundraising practice.
- Monitor the progress and evaluate the effectiveness of all development activities and realign campaigns and programs in consequence.
- Support members of the Board and other fundraising volunteers in meeting revenue goals.
- Attend and report on Development at regular Board Meetings.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field in addition to courses in fundraising, arts management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in fund development, individual giving and corporate sponsorship with a track record of results.
- Proven ability to lead.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to build connections to the local fundraising scene.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fund-raising methods including current best practices in the industry.
- Thorough knowledge of database management and analyzing date from a variety of sources.
- Familiarity with Theatre Manager software.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
At MTYP we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.