The Vancouver Folk Music Festival Society is looking for a motivated team player with superior administrative and interpersonal skills to join the Festival as the Administrative Coordinator. Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Coordinator provides day-to-day support to the General Manager and is responsible for providing general operational administrative support to the Festival.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the General Manager to coordinate Festival logistics including: parking and control permits, various levels of festival passes and badges, and medical team requirements.
· Manage the delivery and receipt of all vendor contracts. Coordinate with vendors for payment processing, contract follow-up, and insurance information.
· Prepare correspondence (emails, letters etc..) format reports, assist with grant applications, answer calls, greet visitors, manage mail and manage the filing system
· Maintain and manage the donor database including: data-entry, tax receipts, thank you cards / emails
· Provide financial administrative support through processing and documenting payments, and preparing reports / gathering information as needed by the General Manager
· Coordinate with the General Manager and/or Artistic Director to ensure all sponsorship and donor communications are delivered timely and efficiently.
· Box office administration including; managing phone line, ticket orders, general inquiries and supplies during the off-season (September – May).
· Update and maintain the website and social media sites as required
· Provide additional support to the Artistic Director and Artistic Associate as needed
· General office organization; ordering supplies, maintaining passwords/alarm codes, etc.
· Other duties as required.
· Strong organizational and decision making abilities to ensure priorities are established and met.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate in a respectful and professionally manner.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven skill in time management, organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Intermediate to Advanced skill level in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and experience using Filemaker or similar database program an asset.
· Experience managing and updating websites and social media accounts.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence for the Province of British Columbia
· Ability to flex hours; evening and weekend may be required
Join our team!
The Vancouver Folk Festival offers an engaging, dynamic and creative work environment. We also offer a flexible work schedule and a central office located in Vancouver’s trendy Mount Pleasant neighbourhood – easily accessible by bike, transit and car.
Anticipated start date for this position is as soon as possible. To view the full job description please visit http://thefestival.bc.ca/employment/
To apply, please submit your application by February 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org