The Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC) is a national, not-for-profit arts service organization with a mandate to address human resource issues in the cultural sector (www.culturalhrc.ca). CHRC is seeking an experienced, energetic and resourceful individual to fill the position of Project Manager to manage a 14-month national research study on the labour market in the cultural sector. The bilingual position is based in Ottawa.
CHRC believes that a diverse and pluralistic society is central to our country’s identity. CHRC makes every effort to include artists and cultural workers from Indigenous and diverse cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities (regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity) in its programs and on its staff, Board of Directors and volunteer Committees.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Manager is responsible for managing a labour market information study of the cultural sector on behalf of CHRC as directed by the Executive Director.
August 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019
$60,000 - $65,000
The Project Manager is responsible for and manages a labour market information study of the cultural sector as directed by the Executive Director, by:
- overseeing the project budget and preparing project financial reports for the Executive Director
- coordinating and monitoring consultants’ contracts
- coordinating and managing project committees
- convening project committee meetings and recording minutes of the meetings
- monitoring the project re : progress, requirements, changes, follow-ups
- maintaining project documentation
- preparing project reports for the Executive Director
- working with the communications officer to prepare and disseminate information on the project
- providing advice and responding to inquiries
- knowledge of Canada’s cultural sector
- fluent knowledge of English and French
- demonstrated experience in project management
- a degree from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
The candidate must:
- be a team player
- have solid communications skills
- be able to take minutes at meetings
- be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- have strong organizational skills
- give attention to detail in the management of data
- be able to maintain confidentiality
June 20, 2018
Please send your application and resume via email to: email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.