OCMS seeks a good-humoured Finance and Administration Officer to meet the demands of its rapidly intensifying business activities. The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting needs of the OCMS, supporting the work of the Board of Directors and senior management and ensuring efficient day-to-day financial and administrative operations within the office.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communications skills (verbal and written), a keen awareness of the importance of culture in building strong communities and a desire to support the organization’s mission to change lives through music. This junior-level position demands superior time management and personal organizational abilities, as well as a near-obsessive commitment to excellence. An ability to understand complex concepts and a passion for the performing arts are crucial. You will be required to work overtime at various points during the year, in particular to support the summer festival.
Reporting to the General Manager and working with the organization’s Controller your primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage, enter and track accounts payable, receivable, prepare payroll, government forms, reports, remittances and audit documents
- Contribute to the preparation of funding proposals, project specific budgets and reports for funders
- Assist Controller with HST/CRA reporting and documentation as required
- Monitor and evaluate all financial and related administrative affairs
- Manage mail services and assist with office management
- Provide administrative support to senior management and Board Members
- Oversee office supplies and equipment needs in cooperation with other OCMS Staff
- Assist Box office as required
- Prepare contracts as required
Assets and Qualifications (or equivalencies):
- Superior data entry skills and database experience (Sage 50 and Salesforce system platforms in particular)
- Bilingual (English, French: oral and written)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Degree/diploma in bookkeeping, commerce or financial management are assets
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in a related position
The OCMS offer a competitive salary, benefits plan, a collaborative work environment, and one of the most thrilling behind-the-scenes live-music and arts administration experiences Ottawa offers. If this opportunity excites you, please apply with a detailed resume and cover letter that describes how your experience relates to the qualifications we seek.
Peter MacDonald, General Manager
Ottawa Chamber Music Society
4 Florence Street, Suite 201, Ottawa ON K2P 0W7
Deadline: Sunday, February 12, 2017, 8:00 pm. Interviews for successful candidates will be held in person the week of February 13, 2017. Absolutely no telephone calls, please.