Cultural Human Resources Council of NB / Conseil des ressources humaines en culture du NB
Administrative Coordinator Job Description
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LANGUAGES: Effective communication in both English and French is essential
LOCATION: Moncton, New Brunswick
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $25,000 - $30,000, according to experience
START DATE: AUGUST 2017
DURATION: 31 March 2018, with a possibility of an extension
CulturePlus (Cultural Human Resources Council of New Brunswick) is a newly formed not-for-profit, bilingual organization committed to ensuring the vitality of New Brunswick’s cultural sector workforce through life‐long career development and training.
It is first and foremost a service organization designed to support stakeholders in all cultural domains, including heritage and libraries, live performance, visual and applied arts, written and published works, audio-visual and interactive media, and sound recording.
CulturePlus partners with public, private and not-for-profit organizations as well as training institutions in an effort to facilitate professional development and skills acquisitions for workers in the cultural sector.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Executive Director (ED) as required, and fulfilling the duties of office coordinator. In this capacity he or she will oversee the day-to-day functional operation of the office.
In conjunction with the ED, he or she may be required to attend appropriate meetings and events to support the organization and assist in the promotion of CulturePlus.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar non-profit position;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Bilingual (English / French);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Commendable interpersonal skills;
- Experience in record-keeping and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to communicate the needs of members and respond to basic inquiries, or to appropriately pass requests on to the ED for response;
- WordPress and Social Media skills would be considered an asset;
- The schedule may sometimes require some evenings and weekends during events;
- A self-starter who needs minimal day-to-day direction on their duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaboration with ED and Board of Directors
- Organize Board meetings in collaboration with the ED;
- Organize Annual General Meetings in collaboration with the ED;
- Work effectively with the ED, and the Board of Directors;
Outreach and impact of CulturePlus
- Provide support to the ED in the outreach and promotion of CulturePlus within the arts, cultural and heritage sectors;
- Undertake travel as required to support the ED in the promotion and objectives of CulturePlus;
- Respond to day-to-day office operations of CulturePlus including mail, telephone and internet inquiries;
- Provide general translation reviews (French) for the ED for external postings;
- Record keeping and follow-up with Board of Directors for all their expenses;
- Assist in the development and delivery of the CulturePlus newsletter;
- Support the ED in the management of projects for CulturePlus (research; training development; website maintenance; etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Interested parties can apply with a CV and cover letter, by email to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is July 28th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those meeting all requirements will be contacted.
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org