The Producing and Administrative Manager will manage multiple clients’ needs on a daily basis. The successful candidate will be a self-starter producing all materials on behalf of DUO clients, while maintaining exceptional client relations. The Producing and Administrative Manager reports directly to DUO’s Executive Director and provides support to the ED as required. The position actively seeks out and solicits new clients for DUO. The candidate will work out of the DUO offices for the full work week, though some off-site work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Producing & Administrative Manager will work with a roster of clients meeting their individual needs by providing tailored services. DUO’s clients range from established companies to emerging individual dance artists and represent various dance forms and practices. The Manager provides the following client service support:
- Develops artistic and organization strategic plans with the client; defining steps to implement the plan, monitoring progress
- Develops and executes project plans for productions and client programs
- Develops funding strategies for government and private sources; reviewing, editing, managing grant applications and all reporting
- Develops and manages operational and project specific budgets; cash flow management; financial and other reporting to the client and the client’s Board of Directors; maintaining reporting systems for handling income and paying expenses
- Maintains relations with arts funders and dance presenters
- Manages the contracting process for all artists, crew, presenters and vendors
- Manages client organizational budgets; track expenses and revenues and provides reports to assist in decision making
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications staff to support the execution of the clients’ communications campaign; works with clients to plan and execute a distribution plan for marketing collateral
- Provides support to prospect and secure in-kind donations and potential sponsors
- Attends board meetings and provide support to the Board Secretary
- Liaises with artistic and technical partners on scheduling, logistics and marketing
- Liaises with the clients’ production team on scheduling, logistics and equipment
- Other duties as required
- Must be fluently bilingual; oral and written
- An entrepreneurial sprit and a passion for the success of dance in Ontario
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- Excellent time management skills; manages multiple projects simultaneously, sets and balances priorities, and meets multiple deadlines.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Experience with the principles of government arts funding
- An understanding of the principles of not-for-profit and charitable organizations
- Available for evening and weekend work when required
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is considered an asset
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated arts manager, with experience in the non-profit sector. The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in arts administration, or equivalent business experience.
Excellent computer skills and knowledge of software programs including; Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Those selected will be contacted within one week of the submission deadline. No phone calls, please.
Please note the salary range for this position is $33-43K commensurate with experience.
Our website is: http://www.danceumbrella.net