Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right person to fill the Permanent Part-time position of Public Art Coordinator. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the City of Red Deer’s public art program including administration of the Public Art Policy, developing and implementing a conservation program for Red Deer’s public art and facilitating/coordinating and implementation of public art projects.
Ideally to fill this role you will have a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or in a related field combined with 3 to 5 years experience in public art project development and management and/or art conservation.
In addition you will have:
• Working towards accreditation in the Canadian Association of Professional Conservators (CAPC) is an asset.
• Membership in related professional associations
• Knowledge of principles and practices of public art, art conservation, arts and cultural education and community development using the arts as a vehicle for community building.
• Able to work independently in an environment that also demands and values a team approach.
• Recognizes that the ways of getting things done in different departments, organizations and communities are not the same.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive hourly rate of $38.06 to $40.07 and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you, come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
We welcome applications until June 17, 2019.