JOIN ODYSSEY THEATRE AS AN ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
The Opportunity: Odyssey Theatre is looking for an organized and highly effective person to join our team as a Theatre Administrative Manager. Assisting the General Manager (GM) and the Artistic Director (AD), this new position plays a key role in supporting the artistic growth of Ottawa’s premier professional summer theatre.
The Company: Established in 1986, we are an award-winning, professional theatre renowned for our innovative style of theatre, incorporating masks, movement, Commedia dell’Arte, clown and puppetry. Odyssey creates new works and contemporary adaptations for masked physical theatre. Our programs include our annual Theatre Under the Stars in Strathcona Park, a New Play Creation program, training workshops for artists and youth and a new online series, called A Virtual Odyssey. We are creating new international collaborations to reach audiences both nationally and internationally.
The Role: As a key member of our team, you assist the GM and AD to contribute to the Theatre’s growth. You will:
- Assist the GM to prepare plans and schedules and track progress;
- Assist the GM and Board in planning and implementing innovative fund raising and marketing programs, and maintaining our web site and social media platforms;
- Help organize and support Odyssey’s artistic programs, auditions and workshops including processing contracts with artists, actors and production staff; and,
- Manage Odyssey’s summer Front of House and Box Office operations and volunteer program.
Qualifications: In addition to being passionate about the arts and excited by our work and mandate, you should also have:
- University or college degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, arts or non-profit management, theatre, arts, finance, events management or other suitable program;
- Relevant work experience in the arts or administration;
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Strong initiative and an ability to work independently;
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to work cooperatively as part of a professional team and with a non-profit Board of Directors and volunteers.
The Theatre Administrative Manager is a full time, permanent position (40 hours per week) with an annual salary between $40-45,000, depending on your skills and experience.
If you are passionate about the arts, and interested in growing your skills and gaining experience in arts management, marketing, fund raising, events management or the non-profit sector, we want to hear from you. Odyssey offers training and development opportunities.
Odyssey is committed to creating a welcoming, respectful and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of race, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. Applications submitted before the deadline will be considered as received.
Please submit a cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position and what you can contribute to Odyssey’s success, along with your resume and three references by February 26, 2021 to:
John Forster, General Manager, Odyssey Theatre by email: email@example.com
While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are submitted ahead of the deadline.
For more information and a complete job description, please visit our web site at http://www.odysseytheatre.ca/index.php/blog/2021/02/position-available-administrative-manager/