ArtsNL seeks a dynamic and strategic arts administrator to lead and manage the organization as its new Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for managing all staff, overseeing all reporting functions to the board and Provincial Government, budgeting and financial management, providing support to the board in its planning and policy-making functions, and implementing all plans and policies. In addition, this leadership role:
- Leads the strategic and operational planning process of the organization, taking into account the goals and objectives established by Council;
- Ensures the direction and administration of all ArtsNL programs and operations;
- Provides accountability and stewardship of ArtsNL’s funds and resources;
- Identifies, assesses, and informs Council of issues facing the organization;
- Implements Council policy directions;
- Acts as the key liaison between Council and staff, and liaises with key contacts at the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, the province’s arts community, and all external stakeholders; and,
- Some travel may be required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline;
- A minimum of 7 years' experience of demonstrated progressive organizational management or leadership, including a high level of policy planning, budgeting, and financial management skills. Experience in the cultural sector would be a definite asset;
- Demonstrated experience working with a board of directors;
- Demonstrated experience with building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated competency in adaptability, flexibility, responsiveness, ethical leadership, creativity, innovation, strategic thinking, and sensitivity;
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, independently, or as part of a team;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation, policies, procedures, and programs for the arts; and,
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the arts in Newfoundland and Labrador, with an appreciation of the (cross)cultural, artistic, and economic environment of Newfoundland and Labrador and its regions.
Deadline for Submissions
April 30, 2021
St. John’s, NL
The Provincial Government Management Salary Scale HL 27 ($83,940 - $109,122) will be offered, complete with healthcare benefits and a pension plan.
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ArtsNL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.