Position Title: Multimedia Technical Specialist
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: External Relations
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4515 Central Boulevard, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 26 $2,984.10 - $3,526.40 bi-weekly
Our External Relations Department is seeking a Multimedia Technical Specialist who will support the organizations studio, AV, event and video production service.
You are: Highly skilled in the use of technology as way to enhance communications in live and studio settings. You have a wide range of technical and creative skills covering all aspects of video and online engagement. You are motivated, self-directed, adaptable, and enjoy working in fast-paced live production environments. You are someone who understands the role of Metro Vancouver in building a sustainable and resilient region.
- Coordinates, oversees and identifies best practices and deployment of appropriate multimedia technologies for various projects and events; leads the production team; oversees and participates in the workflow of contractors and production staff; develops and monitors project schedules and budgets; collaborates with other departments and clients; liaises with technical staff on the design and installation of equipment; allocates resources and assigns production tasks; oversees the cataloguing, uploading and organizing of field footage on the video system server.
- Directs, oversees, reviews and schedules the work of a small group of contractors engaged in creation of multimedia productions; provides instruction to contractors and staff on projects.
- Initiates, researches and develops concepts for multimedia productions to support webinars, events and projects; collaborates with others to create production concepts; makes technical and creative recommendations; prepares scripts, story boards and other collateral; selects narrators and music; directs recording of narration, photography and live action components; develops and directs the development, design, creation, editing, maintenance and evaluation of multimedia digital assets.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external contacts; provides advice and assistance to staff and superiors regarding multimedia production problems, issues and long term planning for digital media systems and equipment.
- Keeps abreast of developments in digital media; evaluates new products or enhancements; makes recommendations on the acquisition and use of related products, equipment and systems.
- Prepares and maintains a costing spreadsheet to track costs of projects, and various records, manuals and files; ensures practices related to copyright, purchasing and hiring are followed.
- Performs related duties as required such as audio mixing, camera operation, lighting, and other related production duties.
To be successful, you have:
- Diploma or certificate in media production, communications or related discipline, plus considerable related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of multimedia show production methods, techniques and practices to support corporate communication goals and objectives of the organization.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and techniques related to graphic design.
- Considerable knowledge and skill of the hardware and software used in the work.
- Sound knowledge of research techniques, concept development, script, story board and other collateral preparation and the development, design, creation, editing, maintenance and evaluation of multimedia digital assets.
- Ability to lead, coordinate, oversee and participate in the work of a multimedia production team and to direct, oversee, review and schedule the work of a small group of contractors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide advice, information and recommendations to same.
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and budgets, to meet deadlines and to prepare and maintain reports and records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry heavy equipment in various conditions and terrain.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skill in the use of equipment and software used in this work.
- Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ2S+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Metro Vancouver currently requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any exemptions and accommodations) and provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Effective April 3, 2023, Metro Vancouver will be pausing the requirement for all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the requirement to provide proof of vaccination. Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by April 11, 2023.