People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the
community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization, offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution”, which empower employees to focus on organizational outcomes and support a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Programmer – Culture & Heritage to join our team to support and participate in the promotion, development, administration and delivery of Town programs. Reporting to the Culture & Heritage Team Lead, the Programmer – Culture & Heritage is responsible duties such as:
- Research, develop and deliver programs for students, adults and families, with a focus on professional quality instruction; Courses will include history, visual arts, open media, performance arts, writing and music for children, teens, and adults.
- Evaluate and develop lesson plans/curriculum;
- Create learning opportunities and events that augment curriculum and serve the community, while contributing to the fiscal health of the business centre and facilitating growth;
- Design and prepare materials for classes and workshops, including timesheets, rosters, registration and evaluation forms, seminar handouts and handbooks;
- Coordinate and schedule programs, classes, events and workshops;
- Promotion of programs in conjunction with Communications.
- Coordinate with other team members to provide seamless leisure and learning opportunities for the community.
- Participate in training staff and volunteers;
- Provide direct service hours as needed by the business centre;
- Receive and direct visitors, answer public inquiries and dispense public information as needed.
What You Bring
- Equivalent to completion of a University (Bachelor) Program in a related field or an equivalent mix of formal training and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) or more years related work experience representing continuous learning and career progression; including one year experience in indirect supervision and/or leadership/mentorship experience.
- Exceptional organizational, multitasking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
What We Offer:
Comprehensive benefit and pension plans
Flexible work schedule
So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
Business Centre Culture & Heritage
Position Type Full-time
Compensation $61,756 - $68,058
Standby Rotation Required No
Hours of Work 37.5
Number of Openings 1
Work Location On-site
Police Record Check Required Yes, including vulnerable sector
Driver’s Abstract Required No
Deadline to Apply June 18, 2023
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online through the Apply Now on the Town Website by the closing date listed. We will not be able to accept late applications.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.