Craft Business Incubator Coordinator
Located in Sydney, Nova Scotia the Craft Business Incubator Coordinator will work closely with Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design (the Centre) staff to organize, coordinate and implement programming for craft business incubator participants and community partners.
The Centre is partnering with the Town of Port Hawkesbury to develop studio, retail and business space for approximately six craft producers. The Craft Business Incubator Coordinator will be responsible for the development and implementation of this project.
What we’re looking for:
A collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in their role and who strives for excellence every day. Committed to cultural, social and economic community development and a belief in the Centre’s mission, they bring a dynamic perspective to everything they do. They flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes-varied environment by keeping informed and connected within their role and the Centre.
- Have an undergraduate degree or diploma in fine arts, community development, business or a related field
- Possess knowledge of a variety of craft mediums (or have a willingness to learn)
- Are engaging, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and with partners
- Are a good communicator both in person and written
- Are organized and detail oriented
- Are creative, we like that
- Work with Centre staff to create and implement policies and procedures for incubator participants and community partners
- Liaise with incubator participants to ensure smooth operations of studios and retail spaces
- Work with Centre staff to research, develop and implement other incubator sites around the Island
- Help identify the criteria for a suitable program participant(s)
- Administer and collect applications and forms related to the incubator development project
- Act as community liaison for the incubator development project
- Meet with key stakeholders to support the growth of incubator development
- Assist in the preparation of the incubator space and studio for the arrival of the craft producer(s)
- Serve as a studio technician for the incubator space(s)
- Work with Centre staff to implement technical/business skills development activities for incubator space
- Maintain lists of community resources and events for incubator participants
- Maintain a line of communication and ensure good partnership with the Town of Port Hawkesbury
- Research and write proposals to support cultural activities development for the Centre and incubator space(s)
- Ensure smooth operation of retail aspect of incubator project between Sydney and Port Hawkesbury sites
- Oversee studio processes and procedures while ensuring compliance with policies and safety procedures, efficiency and professional courtesy within a communal studio space
- Manage artist in residence program(s)
- Manage budget related to program and report to funding partners
- Other duties as assigned
Employment Type: Full-Time, contract
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Travel within Cape Breton Island is required.
Must have valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
Deadline to apply is February 16, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. AST.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email your cover letter, CV and three references to:
Lori Burke, Executive Director
Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design