Deadline: March 9, 2018
SAW Video is seeking a visionary and experienced Director for our leading-edge artist-run media art centre. SAW Video has been in existence as a media art production, training and presentation space for over 35 years and is one of the largest and most dynamic media art centres in the country.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director is responsible for guiding the artistic, operational and strategic directions of the centre. Specifically, the position involves management of all aspects of operations including financial and human resources as well as overseeing community and funder relationships. The Director is also responsible for the artistic direction of the organization, guiding the Director of Programming, Technical Director and Education and Outreach Manager in programming activities, training, outreach and equipment rental access.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3 years experience managing a non-profit organization and be skilled in working within the arts sector. The Director must be able to offer strong leadership in conceptualizing, planning and implementing visionary approaches to program development. They will have demonstrated success in working with funders, with experience in successfully developing grant proposals.
Start date: mid-May, 2018
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Salary Range: $45,000 (commensurate with experience) with health/dental benefits
- Strong leadership abilities and experience in the arts;
- Strong financial planning and budget management skills;
- Experience managing a not-for-profit organization and working with a volunteer board;
- Experience writing grants to government, arts councils and/or foundations;
- Strong organizational skills and experience in managing personnel
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; bilingualism is a strong asset;
- A good understanding of Canadian media arts milieu would be a strong asset.
Please submit by email as PDF attachment to email@example.com:
- A one-page letter of intent describing your skills and experience as they relate to this position
- A curriculum vitae and 3 references with names, positions and contact information
Send to: Hiring Committee, SAW Video Association, 67 Nicholas St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B9
SAW Video is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About SAW Video:
SAW Video is a not-for-profit, artist-run media art centre that fosters the growth and development of artists through access to equipment, training, mentorship, and programming. Our mission is to support a diverse community of media artists empowered by technology, programming and the exchange of ideas.
Please see www.sawvideo.com for more information.