Position Type: Part-time (approx. 30/wk)
Job location: DTRC BC Office, downtown Vancouver
Application deadline: March 18, 2019
The Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) is a National Arts Service Organization that helps dancers make necessary transitions into, within and from professional performing careers. For more information visit our website www.dtrc.ca
Position available: The DTRC is looking for a creative, motivated, and community driven individual to lead the organization’s mandate in British Columbia. Reporting to the Executive Director, and working in collaboration with the DTRC’s national staff, the BC Program Manager will manage the organization’s BC Office, and its programs and services for DTRC’s BC members and others in the BC dance community.
- Representing the DTRC in the province of British Columbia
- Outreach to the dance community throughout the province
- Management of the DTRC’s BC Office, under the guidance of the National Office in Toronto
- Developing and implementing annual work plans for DTRC BC
- Handling BC member inquiries, including counselling inquiries and referrals
- Meeting with members to discuss their transition needs, and DTRC programs and service options
- Leading the planning and implementation of DTRC’s annual on the MOVE programming in BC
- Providing recommendations on program opportunities / issues in BC
- Planning and implementing workshops and seminars as required for the dance community on topics related to the organization’s mandate
- Collaborating with other dance and arts organizations to provide career development opportunities for dancers
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an interest in, and good understanding of, professional dance in BC from a range of dance practices and cultures
- Demonstrate organizational, project management, and financial management skills
- Be self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as in collaboration with others
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 Commensurate with experience
Please e-mail cover letter and resume in one pdf or Word document to:
Resumes must be received by 5:00pm, March 18, 2019.
Equity and Equality
The DTRC is an organization that is working to embed the values of individual and group differences within its working environment. We strive to embrace the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, members, arts community and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply. If you have questions or concerns about accessibility throughout the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.