Temporary Cultural Program Supervisor – St Francis Centre (Temporary up to 18 months in duration)
Reporting to the Manager of Community & Cultural Development, the Temporary Cultural Program Supervisor - St. Francis Centre is responsible for developing, coordinating, promoting, supervising and evaluating the Town’s cultural programming at the St. Francis Centre including managing and marketing the Centre’s programs and events; marketing and promotion of the Centre’s programs and events; budget management; box office management; liaising with Centre users and the community; scheduling and supervising staff (AV Techs & bartenders) and/or volunteers; and responding to inquiries/concerns from customers/users.
• Performance season development and coordination including contract negotiations, rider management, setting ticket prices, WSIB & insurance, post-performance surveys & feedback solicitation, etc. Develop new and innovative Centre uses in accordance with Town Council approved policies and plans
• Performance marketing & promotions including season guide development, ticket development, social media, promotional strategies and tactics, etc.
• Management of the St. Francis Centre Box Office during assigned hours, providing office administration, supporting Customer Service Representatives as required for onsite events, event ticket sales for upcoming events including managing all online ticket inventories & sales, facility tours and facility booking
• Budget development and financial management including financial transactions, cash handling, float reconciliation, grant applications, etc., all in accordance with Town approved financial policies and procedures
• Concession & bar inventory, maintaining AGCO and DineSafe compliance, meeting with AGCO and Regional Health Department representatives for inspections and certification
• Oversee, schedule & perform administrative duties (payroll, training tracking, etc.) for all AV Techs & Bartenders
• Volunteer program development & management
• Liaison for all Town events taking place in the St. Francis Centre and for all regular users
• Community Outreach, partnership & sponsorship development
• Oversee all service contracts (i.e. piano, user storage, etc.) and assist with determining facility maintenance and operational needs
• Attend meetings as required, preparing materials, reports and presentations as needed
• Assist with the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and training of part time Audio Visual Technicians, Bartenders and Volunteers for Centre performances and events, scheduling them according to permit requirements and preparing timesheets for supervisor sign-off
• Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with Recreation & Culture departmental and corporate objectives
• College or University diploma or degree in Theatre Operations/Facility Management, Cultural Programming, Event Production, Tourism Marketing/Promotion or related discipline
• Demonstrated progressive experience in theatre management and cultural program delivery, theatre technical production, radio/television production or equivalent
• Excellent written, organizational, interpersonal, supervisory, negotiating and leadership skills and thorough working knowledge of marketing and promotional concepts
• Significant experience with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with ActiveNet and WordPress would be an asset
• Strong customer service skills with an ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, general public, user groups, and the Town
• Experience working with diverse communities, groups & organizations (i.e. arts & cultural, ethno-cultural, LGBT+, youth, older adults, etc.)
• Availability/flexibility to work various hours including evenings/weekends and/or attend meetings, programs, events, etc.
• Background in audio visual equipment & technology and event planning an asset
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification
• Ontario Smart Serve ® Certificate
• Valid Class G drivers licence
• Ability to provide a current criminal reference check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) satisfactory to the Town
This is a non-union position that works 35 hours per week.
Rate of pay: $76,131 - $84,590 per year
Please apply online at www.ajax.ca Applications will be accepted online until 11:59 p.m. May 19, 2019.
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources staff of any accommodation you may require during the process.