Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a dynamic, results-oriented and savvy Associate, Corporate Partnerships to support Harbourfront Centre's efforts in securing and stewarding contributions and sponsorship partnerships that contribute to our revenue generation goals.
Position Title: Associate, Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to: Director, Development
Type of Employment: Full-time with benefits
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Job Location: Toronto
Summary of Function
The Associate, Corporate Partnerships supports the Director, Development, in securing and stewarding contributions to Harbourfront Centre (HC) and IFOA through the corporate giving portfolio (sponsorship and philanthropic). This entails identifying and researching corporate prospects, managing and documenting the cultivation and solicitation plan, creating tailored corporate sponsorship proposals and philanthropic applications, making presentations, and negotiating contracts and benefit packages. The Associate, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for supervising seasonal staff supporting the Development department, as well as volunteers on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Associate, Corporate Partnerships will act as an ambassador for Harbourfront Centre. They will develop an in-depth knowledge of the Harbourfront Centre brand, its programs, events and audiences. Attend external receptions, conferences, seminars and other events at Harbourfront Centre and within the community as a representative of the company to keep informed about the objectives of Harbourfront Centre.
- The Associate, Corporate Partnerships will carry a portfolio of corporate donors and will be expected to reach a personal fundraising target as set by the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
- Responsible for responding to requests for brand activations (HC Partners and external inquiries) and overseeing set-up and execution of activations.
- Supports donor cultivation and solicitation through preparation of: Prospect and donor profiles · Call briefing notes and call reports · Sponsorship and corporate major gift proposals · Grant applications (corporations) · Sponsorship, activation and corporate major gift agreements.
- Develops relationships with agencies and secure meetings to present upcoming Harbourfront Centre programming alignments and opportunities for their clients.
- Supports the other DOC with preparation of tailored proposals for presentation to the prospective sponsor.
- Drives all partner servicing activities for corporate partners (sponsorship and philanthropic giving).
- Ensures contract obligations are met (e.g. logo recognition & category exclusivity).
- Maintains sponsor recognition across the Harbourfront Centre site and web.
- Reviews, circulates, approves and tracks all print and digital marketing materials, and manages production deadlines.
- Prepares timely and thorough written evaluations, final stewardship reports and financial reconciliations of partnership agreements.
- Reports on the ROI for sponsors using the latest IEG method of sponsorship evaluation.
- Manages solicitor contacts with prospects and tracks all funder activity.
- Coordinates the on-site sponsor brand engagement logistics with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages internal Flickr account to track all sponsor-related activities.
- Supports department events.
Key Performance Indicators
- Meets or exceeds revenue targets on an annual basis
- Effectively delivers all contractual obligations to corporate sponsors and/or donors.
- Enhances Harbourfront Centre’s reputation with the corporate community through on-going outreach and relationship development efforts.
- Develops new revenue opportunities and/or programs to attract corporate support.
Skills & Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing or similar.
- 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in corporate fundraising or marketing.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Diplomacy skills to respond to difficult situations and requests.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills to deal with representatives of corporate partners.
- Proven research and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize multiple activities within time deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including experience using relational databases, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- Currently remote work-from-home is in place as per the guidelines of Toronto Public Health in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Whent it is deemed safe and feasible to return to the office, the incumbent is expected and must be able to work at our lakeside campus in downtown Toronto.
- Experience using Tessitura.
- Knowledge of current business and marketing trends, practices as well as sponsorship marketing practices and corporate philanthropy.
- French language skills are an asset.
- Agency experience, focus on experiential marketing and brand engagement.
How To Apply
Acceptable applications must include a cover letter indicating salary expectations and a current resume.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than June 15, 2021. Please quote Associate, Corporate Partnerships in the subject line of your application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place via video conference.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accomodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.