Company: Envision Management & Production is an artist management and production company that works with boundary-breaking, musical and multi-disciplinary artists, projects and organizations. www.envisionmanagement.com
Purpose: Envision Management & Production is seeking a responsible and enterprising person to write and manage grant proposals in English and French, and engage in the development of artistic projects with Envision and its clients.
Position type: One-year contract with possibility for renewal, 30 hours/week, salary range $19-24/hour depending on experience.
Start Date: September 7, 2021
Location: Montreal (Rosemont/Petite-Patrie)
Reports to: Artists & Development Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain working relationships with various clients, in collaboration with the Artists & Development Team
- Contribute to the development of a creative idea with the objective of turning it into a viable project
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to funding bodies, foundations and possible corporate sources in collaboration with various clients
- Manage files and comply with all grant reporting as required by funding bodies
- Develop and strengthen relationships, maintain communications as the main contact for Envision with several funding sources
- Perform research and maintain an understanding on funding bodies, foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for future grants
- Develop regular written quarterly reports/online reports (newsletters etc.) for all clients in collaboration with the Artists & Development Team
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting systems
- Provide input for all written institutional materials (including annual reports, procedural manuals, and operations funding opportunities)
- Participate and contribute to meetings both across the organization and within the Artists & Development Team
- Passionate about music, arts and culture - ideally a variety of different styles, genres and disciplines
- Actively engaged in the local music and arts scene
- Experienced in collaboratively developing creative projects
- Some knowledge of and experience with the music industry in the Quebec, Canadian and International contexts
- Knowledge of funding landscape for musicians and artists in Canada and Quebec
- Proven track record in grant writing
- Professional level writing skills in both English and French
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, time management and problem solving
- Flexibility to adapt and manage scheduling during peak or deadline periods that may result in additional hours worked per week
- Ability to work autonomously but also thrives in a collaborative work environment
- 3-5 years in artist, project or production management experience
- University-level degree in Communications, Arts Administration or a related field an asset
- Excellent computer skills on Mac OS, Basecamp, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace (including file management in Drive, and collaborative productivity across Docs, Sheets, Gmail)
Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Envision Management & Production is committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We endeavour to create a diverse, welcoming, kind, equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law.
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter in both English and French to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Artists & Development Coordinator” by August 8, 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Note: This position will be remote until further notice.