Client Settlement Services Manager
TO Live has a full-time opportunity in its Finance Department in the role of Client Settlement Services Manager. The Client Settlement Services Manager will be responsible to provide support to the settlement process and execute box office accounting for events in all TO Live venues under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare settlements for Rental and Corporate client events, as well as TO Live Presents performances within department timelines and guidelines.
- Communicate charges with clients, and with other internal departments as needed to ensure accuracy of settlement and departmental reporting.
- Prepare journal entries, accruals and month end balance sheet reconciliations, outlining variances and any necessary adjusting entries.
- Prepare variances to budget reports for events and provide discussion and analysis to senior management.
- Meet with clients/producers on event days to finalize settlement documents.
- Produce financial show related reports for audit committee and board reporting, including KPIs, graphs, tables and commentary, in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process, with a strong understanding of show costs, venue margins, and financial modelling as it relates to multiple theatres and varied event confirmations/contract statuses.
- Reconcile credit card reports, cash and cheques for box office, merchandise and concession sales.
- Review purchase orders and service orders from other TO Live departments.
- Reconcile settlements and GL against reporting from ticketing partners, sponsors and performance rights organizations.
- Ensure client settlements align with contract terms, and sufficient deposits or box office funds are on hand to cover show costs.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities, reporting/analysis as required.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, the Controller and/or VP of Finance & Administration.
- Experience in show settlements within the performing arts sector preferred.
- College or University degree in Business or Accounting.
- Completion, or progress towards final stages of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of related professional experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Tendency to be proactive and take initiative in problem solving.
- Self-motivated and self-starter, ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required
- Lack of natural light in workplace
- Travel between TO LIVE venues as required
- Adhere to the TO Live Health & Safety policies and protocols including Covid vaccine and guidelines.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall, the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre. In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls or emails please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: November 17, 2021
Application Deadline: December 01, 2021
Start Date: As soon as possible