TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE SEND CV AND COVER LETTER TO TORONTO@DJTFA.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE: APPLICATION – TAGLIALATELLA SALES ASSOCIATE
ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW ON OR BEFORE JULY 19, 2022. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED BY THIS DATE, NO FOLLOW UP IS NECESSARY.
Taglialatella Galleries is an international brand with locations in New York, Paris, Palm Beach and, most recently, Toronto. Operating at the intersection of Pop and Street art, Taglialatella show cases work by international masters as well as local and emerging talent. As the brand’s youngest location, TAG TO has positioned itself as a tastemaker, introducing cultural initiatives and brand activations to the neighbourhood of Yorkville and exciting the city’s arts community. Since its inauguration, TAG TO has solidified its standing as one of Canada’s leading galleries dealing in the primary market of recognized pop and urban art, and the secondary market of blue-chip international artists.
Following the unprecedented success of the gallery in 2021, TAG TO is looking to expand its sales department with the addition of a strong and experienced associate to round out an intimate and well-oiled team. This position will be heavily focused on sales and customer service and will be evaluated through sales goals and client retention. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of industry experience, a familiarity with the primary and secondary art market, and an arts-based post-secondary education. This full-time Sales Associate position will be renumerated with a competitive base salary of CAD $50,000.00 as well as a generous sales commission. Throughout a three-month trial period, the candidate will be assessed on their abilities to perform the required responsibilities, exhibit a dedication to their craft, and engage positively with the gallery team and clientele.
- The position is a full-time, non-remote position with a required 40hr work week during the gallery’s hours of operation (11am-7pm, Tuesday-Saturday)
- Must be available for the occasional events outside of business hours (gallery openings, art fairs)
- Handling client care from start to finish to achieve a high sales conversion be it with new walk-in clients, existing gallery clients, or off-site inquiries.
- Charismatically and enthusiastically engage with clients, share the gallery mandate, and invite discussion of the artist and their work.
- Astutely address customer inquiries and concerns, identify needs, and perform thorough follow ups.
- Navigate, update and manage client and inventory databases.
- Keep detailed notes on client tastes and preferences to be able to match client needs with gallery offerings.
- Assist in the installation of works in both the gallery and client homes – for which, a degree of physical ability will be required
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience is mandatory to be considered for the role
- Is familiar with the art market; able to distinguish between primary and secondary market, identify market trends, and discuss the trajectories of the artists represented by the gallery
- Has a strong knowledge of contemporary Canadian and American artists, specifically those practicing at the intersection of pop and street art.
- Presents in a professional and polished manner
- Able to work at a high degree of excellency in a fast-paced environment where multitasking and time management will be strongly required
- Literate with ArtSystems or comparable programs is a valuable asset
- Integration within local arts community, with a familiarity with local collectors and a strong and loyal clientele base, is preferred.