The Township of Langley is recruiting for a temporary full-time Education Programs Curator (from approx. March 6, 2023 to March 28, 2025) to join our team of professionals in the Arts, Culture and Community Initiatives Division at salishan Place by the River in Fort Langley, British Columbia. Reporting to the Cultural Services Manager and/or another Supervisor, in this unionized position, you will undertake specialized assignments in planning, developing and coordinating educational arts, culture and heritage programs, exhibitions and events.
• Plan, curate, develop and evaluate education materials, resources, and content for inclusion in school programs and exhibitions at the museum
• Collaborate with others on the team in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating museum and exhibition related programs
• Conduct research and work with community stakeholders and educators to develop cultural and museum specific school programs ensuring educational objectives and curriculum-based guidelines are met
• Coordinate, oversee and facilitate the implementation of arts, culture and heritage programs at the museum and other community venues
• Supervise, plan, assign and review the work of a small group of employees, and direct a large group of volunteers
• Accession, catalogue, conserve and maintain the Museum’s education collection of art, cultural materials and reproductions that are designated accessible learning materials
• Perform related work as required
• University graduation with a degree in a discipline of relevance to the work, plus curatorial, educational and sound supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of education program objectives and division policies and of the principles, practices, philosophy and objectives of museums, cultural centres and art galleries
• Considerable knowledge of the arts and culture needs, interests and municipal resources as it pertains to public and school education programming
• Ability to plan, curate, research, develop and evaluate content for public and school arts, culture and heritage programs
• Ability to collaborate with others in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the museum and exhibition programs from an interpretive and educational perspective
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships with educators and other community stakeholders
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a Position of Trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License or Driver Factor report will not be accepted
• Emergency First and CPR/AED C Certificate
• Serving IT Right Certificate
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.27 - $40.35 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. 2023 rates to be determined soon. Typical hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm; Hours of work may change seasonally depending on operating requirements; Non-standard hours and non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: January 24, 2023
External closing date for this competition: February 6, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an