- Application Deadline: September 20, 2023 at 5pm EST
- Length of the contract: January 1 - December 31, 2024 (hopefully to be renewed)
- Contract type: part-time (on average 3 days a week, hours vary throughout the year with less hours in the winter, and more hours in the summer)
- Type of contract: self-employed, freelance contractor
- Salary: $35,000 - $40,000
- Transition: There will be a paid one-month transition period between November and December 2023 with the incoming and outgoing Dusk Dances management team.
- Primary Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Work Format: Home office and on-site work combined
Dusk Dances is an equal-opportunity organization that values equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We fully welcome and prioritize applications from People of Global Majority, Trans People, Queer People, Disabled People, Black, Asian, South Asian, Latin, Brown, Indigenous, and all named and unnamed folx who feel compelled. We invite you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
We are looking forward to welcoming a dynamic and motivated General Manager to our team to work closely with incoming Festival Director Sofi Gudiño to produce Dusk Dances 30th season and support and manage the operations of the organization.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall administrative tasks, producing the festival, the internal and external communication, financial management and the promotion of the festival events. The General Manager will provide professional support to the Festival Director, as well as to the Board of Directors of Dusk Dances. The General Manager will report to the Festival Director.
- Management and execution of the annual operational plan of the organization as created by the Festival Director and approved by the Board.
- Writing and overseeing contracts with individuals, collectives and union as directed by the Festival Director, and as required by operations and production to adhere to established budget and strategic direction.
- Internal communication with artists, collaborators, stakeholder, donors, sponsors, dance officers, presenters, etc.
- In collaboration with the Festival Director: establishing and supporting the appropriate administrative systems to support the artistic vision, strategies and programs.
- Overseeing overall publicity / promotion.
- Managing the preparation of Dusk Dances annual operating budget and cash flow projections, in collaboration with the Festival Director.
- Monitoring and controlling revenues and expenditures to ensure that budgetary guidelines are maintained.
- Ensuring payments of all invoices.
Government Liaison & Community
- Preparing, in conjunction with the Festival Director, government grant applications including support material, and needs justification.
- Identifying potential sources of government funding.
- Developing contacts with government agencies and the community to ensure good relations are maintained.
- Preparing all interim and final reports, in conjunction with the Festival Director.
Government Liaison & Community
- Ensuring that donors, Board members and other stakeholders are acknowledged and kept informed.
- Soliciting corporate and foundation support, donations and sponsorships, negotiating in-kind agreements and developing other revenue streams.
Marketing & Publicity
- Development and implementation of an overall strategic plan for marketing of the festival and its activities, in collaboration with the Festival Director.
- Creation and dissemination of regular newsletter, e-blasts, production marketing materials and media releases, in collaboration with the Festival Director.
- Attend all live performances of Dusk Dances, as applicable, and any other Dusk Dances events, as applicable.