4 days/ 32 hours per week | $29,500 per annum
The Events and Exhibitions Coordinator is primarily responsible for developing and delivering VIVO’s public programming of media arts, new media, and audio arts. The Events and Exhibitions Coordinator works within the collective structure to stimulate cultural production and promote the organization and its mandate through residencies, curated exhibitions, screenings, artist talks, events, community collaborations, and research initiatives. The Events and Exhibitions Coordinator participates as a member of the Management Collective which functions as a team with respect to creative and administrative decision-making. The Events and Exhibitions Coordinator is responsible for maintaining their department’s programming budget and reporting to the General Manager for financial planning within the budget structure.
- Develop and deliver an annual schedule of events and exhibitions in media arts, new media, and audio arts, which may include screenings, exhibitions, installations, performances, lectures, artist talks, residencies, and special events
- Manage Events and Exhibitions programs within budget and organizational capacity
- Execute programming related contracts and payments
- Communicate and promote proposals for programming, artist residencies, and co-productions to members and associated communities
- Research, develop, coordinate, and distribute promotional material, critical discourse, calendars of events, and press releases for Events and Exhibitions programming, in collaboration with other VIVO departments
- Complete appropriate record keeping and reporting of resources, events, exhibitions, and other projects, particularly as it pertains to additions to VIVO’s archive and reporting to funders
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Events and Exhibitions Advisory Committee and Management Collective to establish, implement, assess and maintain appropriate policies, goals, objectives, and contracts, including long-term departmental planning and policy development
- Develop and maintain appropriate and related partnerships with other artist communities, educational institutions and cultural community-based groups, for co-productions and presentations
- Develop resources, identify and write project grants and reports
- Oversee documentation of events and exhibitions programs
- Post-secondary education in curatorial studies, art history, media arts, or equivalent
- Strong interest in and knowledge of experimental media arts, new media, and audio art
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong commitment to community development and principles of social justice
- Knowledge of diverse cultural and social practices
- Proven ability to write project budgets, reports, grants, and proposals
- Experience with public relations, development of outreach materials and publicity, and partnership development
- Experience working in an administrative capacity and proven budget management ability
- Experience working with artist-run centres, collectives, or community-based organizations
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, set and meet deadlines, work under pressure, and exercise sound judgment in setting priorities
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets
- Graphic design skills are an asset
Please send as a single PDF document your resume and cover letter outlining suitability to the position before 5pm, Monday, March 13 to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Hiring Committee – Events + Exhibitions Coordinator.
The Satellite Video Exchange Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held the week of March 20.