PROGRAM MANAGER - PARADISE THEATRE
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Paradise Theatre, Toronto
Salary Expectation: Based on experience
Hire Date: May 12, 2017
Ideal Start Date: May 29, 2017
The Paradise Theatre has been entertaining Torontonians since 1937. Following our highly anticipated renovation we are excited to be one of the nation's leading multi-purpose venues sponsoring music, film, literary arts, comedy, and performance. Paradise Theatre is committed to providing our audience with engaging first-rate performances and to present original artists, thinkers and inspirational performers from our region.
We support several multi-cultural, community ensembles and function as a home for several self-producing artists and companies. During our Season we hope to inspire in all of us the willingness to explore new ideas and generate dialogues concerning contemporary Canadian social issues. We will program arts education that promote life-long learning to our diverse community. The iconic building will also be available for use by our corporate sponsors who share our community values and exhibit a commitment to the arts.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following)
The Program Manager will oversee a variety of duties in implementing the program including, but not limited to:
- Creating an event program for the 2018 season (planned opening May 2018) that is consistent with Paradise Theatre’s mission and reflects the appetite of our target audience.
- The successful candidate would receive key learnings and recommendations from some of Toronto’s top cultural thinkers and programmers.
- Responsible for booking shows, events, and programs that meet the organization’s artistic, financial, and audience goals of the Paradise venue.
- Researches and identifies artists appropriate for consideration for season long programming.
- Responsible for negotiating deals, artist fees, ticket prices, discounts, engagement expenses, and merchandising arrangements for all shows booked.
- Liaise with community and cultural leaders from the private, public and cultural sectors to effectively implement the program selected.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local, national, and international artists, managers and agents and other venue contacts.
- Aid with the implementation of the program, including tracking timelines, budgets, schedules, performance measurements and deliverables for the program and reporting details to senior management and various stakeholders.
- Strategizes with Programming, Marketing, Box Office, and PR to develop pricing plans, single ticket marketing budgets, selling tactics, targeted promotions, and outreach efforts in ensure achievement of fiscal year budget sales goals.
- Responsible for the successful administration of all shows booked, including budget management and settlement, communication with Marketing, Box Office, and Front of House departments and day of show duties.
Stakeholder & Community Relations
- Develops relationships with community base organizations, festivals, external booking agents/presenters/promoters, local artists, event planners and others, to seek ways to engage the community and bring business to the Paradise venue.
- 2-5 years of program management experience in the music, performance arts, festival and/or special event sectors
- Thorough understanding and preparation of contracts, budgeting and scheduling
- Degree in business or equivalent preferred
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with management personnel, members of the community and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations
- Exceptional detailed written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work with outside consultants and mentors
- Solutions and detail-oriented individual with a high degree of professionalism
- Management of multiple projects and deadlines
- High energy, personable, and team-oriented collaborator
- Fast-paced independent worker
- Seeks new demanding challenges
- Passionate about the cultural sector
- Knowledge of the F&B world, both at home and abroad
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for events
- Proficient in Google Apps, Skype, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to David Thorek, Director of Operations, Paradise Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org