The Ontario Arts Council is a publicly funded agency of Ontario’s Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. OAC’s primary purpose is to award grants to professional artists and arts organizations.
Term: Regular-Full Time
Level: Classification 7, Unionized Position
Salary Range: $65,770 - $98,654
Reporting to the Director of Granting, the Francophone Arts Officer will oversee all of the Francophone Arts Office granting programs, partnerships and services, supervise staff, as well as directly administer operating and project programs. The incumbent will utilize their knowledge of Ontario’s diverse francophone communities and art forms to provide insight, guidance, and recommendations for strategies, practices, policies, granting programs, and partnerships that will support and develop Ontario’s francophone artists and arts organizations.
• Administer grant programs, including analysis of grant applications, panel selection and data entry of financial data;
• Facilitate the peer assessment of grant requests;
• Provide information and consultative advice to existing and new francophone artists and arts organizations;
• Conduct outreach and development to increase access to, and awareness of, OAC and its programs;
• Collaborate with program officers on the assessment and development of francophone applicants in their sectors;
• Write reports and present grant and office budget recommendations to OAC Senior Management and Board of Directors;
• Contribute to policy development, strategies, programs and services that will best support OAC’s on-going commitment to francophone artists;
• Manage program and office budgets, oversee office workflow and supervision of staff;
• Attend events on evenings and weekends and travel throughout Ontario at least 30 days of the year to meet with clients.
Summary of Key Qualifications:
• 5 – 7 years of progressively senior arts management experience;
• Bilingualism at the superior level in French and English;
• Extensive knowledge of the artistic practices, history, current trends, developments and issues related to Ontario’s diverse francophone communities;
• Demonstrated project planning, organizing and administrative skills, with effective and efficient work habits and ability to thrive under pressure;
• Proven ability to provide direction and leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, programs and initiatives;
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
• Experienced facilitator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and solid judgment;
• Ability to work collaboratively and establish constructive rapport with a diverse set of individuals internally and externally;
• Connection to a network of key contacts in Ontario’s francophone arts communities and related sectors;
• Practical financial knowledge and experience with operating and project budgets;
• Prior granting experience as a funder, applicant or peer assessor, and knowledge of other sources of funding and support for artists;
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, database and web-based programs;
• Ability to work overtime evenings, weekends and to travel.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by February 5, 2016 using one of the following methods (please note that applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered):
Mail: Ontario Arts Council, Human Resources Office, FILE #17-15, 121 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3M5
Online: Online Application Form (http://www.arts.on.ca/Page3435.aspx)
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process please contact Nina Small at 1-800-387-0058 x 7426 or email@example.com.
The Ontario Arts Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.